Learning an instrument can be hard work. It is important to make sure you have solid self discipline and apply yourself. Because many people learn through an online piano course (like Rocket Piano) you need to develop strategies for maintaining a good work ethic. Here are seven habits that will help you in your journey learning your instrument.
- Don’t procrastinate. There are always a set number of tasks you have to do when you are practicing. It is easy to put off playing until tomorrow, but you should try to do a little each day – even if only a few minutes. Practice is important; you should get into it as soon as possible.
- Keep in touch with other musicians. If you are constantly in contact with your friends who also play then you will bounce off and motivate each other.
- Keep moving. Don’t get stuck in a rut, it is important to keep on leaning new skills and developing your playing. Also there is nothing that keeps your spirits up like seeing the progress you’re making.
- Use your time wisely. If you lack a regular practice time then it becomes difficult to maintain consistency. Try blocking out a set time to practice each day so you can fully develop as a musician.
- Practice in a good work environment. It is important to have a good place for you to practice. You need an environment that is clean and quiet so you can fully concentrate on what you are doing.
- Be comprehensive. You should always be trying to become a complete musician. For this reason, it can be a good idea to keep a list of all the things you need to do to become a complete musician.
- Know your own work habits. Each person has their own individual way of learning. For this reason it is important to adjust your practice so that you can maintain it.
We hope these tips can help you with your practice. Keeping your self discipline is a matter of good planning and goal setting.